The term “droopy boobs” refers to breasts that hang down and look old and unattractive.
The four main characteristics of droopy (ptotic) breasts are:
1. The areola is too large.
2. The areola is too low on the breast mound.
3. The breast hangs on the chest wall.
4. There is no fullness in the upper quadrant of the breast.
The first three characteristics above can be corrected by a breast lift. The fourth characteristic cannot be corrected unless an implant is placed in the lifted breast.
There are several types of breast lifts done by Board Certified plastic surgeons. In my practice in Hawaii:
1. For minimal droop, I do a dual plane mastopexy with implants.
2. For moderate droop, I do a Benelli mastopexy.
3. For significant droop, I do a standard mastopexy.
Visit Doctor Profile
View All Questions